Market-Based Investment Approach:
- SWA has teamed with Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA), a leader in passive investing, to offer low-cost, passive, globally diversified investment solutions for our clients.
Peak Wealth Management Process:
- SWA has developed a process that allows us to focus our efforts on each client’s specific situation, all dependent on which Phase of life he or she is currently experiencing.
- Our Financial Advisors' credentials include: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFP®), Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®), Enrolled Agent (EA) and Personal Financial Specialist (PFS).
SWA is Fee Only:
- We do not sell any products or charge sales commissions / loads. We are a solutions-based firm and our success is based on your success. Do not confuse “fee-based” with “fee-only” planners; fee-based planners accept commissions of some sort, as fee-only planners, we do not.
- We consistently put our client’s best interests first and foremost and do not make recommendations based on what might be of greater financial benefit to us.
NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors) Membership:
- See below or visit the NAPFA website at www.napfa.org for more information.
We understand that selecting an advisor is not an easy task. We recommend beginning your search with a standard questionnaire for your initial advisor screening. To help you evaluate Summit Wealth Advocates, we have completed the questionnaire for you.
WE LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTIONS
Two important characteristics that we employ with every client contact – listening and understanding. We seek to understand what each client wants to accomplish and develop the strategy to bring their goals to life. Your goals are truly yours and we are determined to help you define and achieve them by listening intently and understanding them completely.
The old model of financial advice was: The financial institution told the broker / advisor what to sell and then the broker / advisor sold that. The new model is: We listen to what you want to accomplish, and then design the solution.
Everything we do is customized to each client's specific situation, not just a folder full of charts and graphs. We can deliver this customization because we maintain a low client to advisor ratio. We understand that each client's situation is unique. From our Customized Financial Plans to our independent advice in the areas of retirement, investments, taxes, estate planning, insurance, college funding, and mortgage/debt, there is nothing "cookie cutter" about our processes or recommendations.
NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors) and SWA’s Code of Ethics:
- Objectivity: NAPFA members strive to be as unbiased as possible in providing advice to clients and all NAPFA members practice on a fee-only basis.
- Confidentiality: NAPFA members shall keep all client data private unless authorization is received from the client to share it. NAPFA members shall treat all documents with care and take care when disposing of them. Relations with clients shall be kept private.
- Competence: NAPFA members shall strive to maintain a high level of knowledge and ability. Members shall attain continuing education at least at the minimum level required by NAPFA. Members shall not provide advice in areas where they are not capable.
- Fairness and Suitability: Dealings and recommendations with clients will always be in the client’s best interest. NAPFA members put their clients first.
- Integrity and Honesty: NAPFA members will endeavor to always take the high road and to be ever mindful of the potential for misunderstanding that can accrue in normal human interactions. NAPFA members will be diligent to keep actions and reactions so far above board that a thinking client, or other professional, would not doubt intentions. In all actions, NAPFA members should be mindful that in addition to serving our clients, we are about the business of building a profession and our actions should reflect this.
- Regulatory Compliance: NAPFA members will strive to maintain conformity with legal regulations.
- Full Disclosure: NAPFA members shall fully describe method of compensation and potential conflicts of interest to clients and also specify the total cost of investments.
- Professionalism: NAPFA members shall conduct themselves in a way that would be a credit to NAPFA at all times. NAPFA membership involves integrity, honest treatment of clients, and treating people with respect.