Bruce Primeau CPA, CFP®, PFS
"I enjoy developing relationships with families in need of professional help in managing their financial situation. By becoming the financial "quarterback," we are able to coordinate the efforts of many of the professionals our client's need to design and implement the best available solutions to their financial circumstances."
- Bruce founded Summit Wealth Advocates in 2010 and is the President and Senior Partner.
- In addition to working directly with clients as their Wealth Advocate, Bruce also serves as a member of the SWA Executive Committee (which is responsible for strategic input regarding all of our services) and is a member of the SWA Investment Committee.
- Bruce has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM Professional.
- In addition, Bruce holds active CPA and PFS designations from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Bruce graduated Summa Cum Laude and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from the University of St. Thomas in 1993.
- Prior Lake Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Financial Planning Association of Minnesota (FPAMN)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Five Star Wealth Manager for 2017, 2018 and 2019*
- “Can High Net Worth Clients Still Use Life Insurance as a Tax and Financial Tool?”, Financial Advisor Magazine, November 20, 2018
- “Tips for Retirement Planning at Any Age,” MNCPA Perspectives, March 21, 2018
- “Don’t Save For a Life That May Never Arrive,” Financial Advisor IQ, September 29, 2017
- Two Daughters—Alycia attends the University of Wisconsin, River Falls and Madelyn is attending the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Bruce and wife Betsy are adjusting to life as empty nesters.
- Pets – two yellow labs – Dakota and Dawson
- Hobbies: Golf, skiing, baseball, football and hockey
- Personal interests: Travel, music
* FIVE STAR Wealth Managers are nominated by their industry peers. They are asked to identify one or more wealth managers they know to have an established practice, good client relationships and a strong reputation. Award winners must satisfy various criteria including being actively employed as an industry professional for a minimum of 5 years, having maintained a favorable regulatory history, and accepting new clients. Additional review considerations include client retention rate, assets under management, the number of client households and industry credentials. Professionals do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final award list. The FIVE STAR award is not indicative of a wealth manager’s future performance. No payment or application fees are required to earn the recognition, however, SWA pays a fee in order to use the Five Star Wealth Manager logo.