Jon Govin CPA, CFP®, PFS
“Successful financial plans are not based on the weight of the plan, but on the results. By working closely with clients we provide solutions to answer the questions clients have.”
- Jon is responsible for developing financial strategies and tax planning at SWA.
- Jon is a member of the SWA Investment Committee and Executive Committee.
- Jon has over 20 years in finance covering a wide range of positions including, Chief Financial Officer of a large Twin Cities medical group.
- He worked with international, regional and local public accounting firms.
- Jon obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire.
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Minnesota State Society of CPAs – former Tax Conference Chair, Financial Planning and Estate Conference Chair
- Five Star Advisor – 2018, 2019 and 2020*
- Fox 9 News
- Minneapolis Star-Tribune
- JazzMN – Board Member (By-Laws and Education)
- Jon and his wife Jennifer are empty nesters.
- They enjoy the opportunity to travel the U.S. and internationally with their children, Morgan and Jessica.
- Jon enjoys hikes in the wilderness, music and reading.
- He is a pilot and competitive powerlifter.
* FIVE STAR Wealth Managers are nominated by their industry peers. They are asked to identify one or more wealth managers they know to have an established practice, good client relationships and a strong reputation. Award winners must satisfy various criteria including being actively employed as an industry professional for a minimum of 5 years, having maintained a favorable regulatory history, and accepting new clients. Additional review considerations include client retention rate, assets under management, the number of client households and industry credentials. Professionals do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final award list. The FIVE STAR award is not indicative of a wealth manager’s future performance. No payment or application fees are required to earn the recognition, however, SWA pays a fee in order to use the Five Star Wealth Manager logo.